Our SAR volunteer efforts are provided free of charge to the victim and the government
Wanaka Search and Rescue needs about $50,000 a year just to keep going:
- running costs on our operational headquarters building (comms, power, rates)
- essential clothing and equipment;
- vital training from advanced first aid (pre-hospital emergency care) to vertical rope rescue techniques;
- hours of helicopter time to ensure that all teams are able to operate safely in and around helicopters in often difficult weather and terrain.
We get no support from Government agencies but exist solely on grants and donations.
We are very grateful for the continuing support of the Central Lakes Trust; the Otago Community Trust; the Lion Foundation; & the Infinity Trust.
We are also grateful for the donations received in appreciation from those we have helped.
Wanaka Search and Rescue Inc (LandSAR Wanaka) is a registered chairity (CC10853) and all donations are tax deductible.
Why it is important to support Wanaka Search and Rescue
To help explain, click on the thumbnail below to read the full version of an amazing letter received after a SAR operation:
How can I make a donation?
You can donate to Wanaka Search and Rescue via an internet bank transfer.
- Our bank account number is Westpac 03 1739 0003 888 00 Wanaka Search and Rescue
- Please email us so that we can provide a reference code for you to use so that we are able to send you a receipt/acknowledgement.
- If you wish to remain anonymous please use the reference ‘Web Anon’ in your transaction details.